The work of internationally recognized american artist whitfield lovell powerfully examines the markings that the past has made and continues to make on who we are. Exhibition curator elsa smithgall introduces whitfield lovell the kin series and related works on view at the phillips collection october 8 2016 through january 8 2017. Whitfield lovells work is not about the african american experience it is about his own this at least is what the artist 57 says in the exhibition catalogue for kin a series of 60 . Whitfield lovell is internationally renowned for his installations that incorporate masterful conte crayon portraits of anonymous african americans from between the emancipation proclamation and the civil rights movement
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.