Timber and timbre timber and timbre are two similar looking words that appear in very different contexts at least most of the time timber traces back to an old english word initially meaning house or building that also came to mean building material wood and trees or woods timbers are large squared lengths of wood used for building a house or a boat. Timber tmbr n 1 a trees or wooded land considered as a source of wood b wood used as a building material lumber 2 a a dressed piece of wood especially a beam in a structure b nautical a rib in a ships frame 3 a person considered to have qualities suited for a particular activity that trainee is executive timber trv tim . A single piece of wood forming part of a structure or the like a timber fell from the roof
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.