Grottasongr the song of the mill from norse poems translated by wh auden and p b taylor 1 now are come to the palace the foreknowing pair fenja and menja they are at frodes the son of fridleif mighty maidens held as helots 2 forth to the mill bench were they brought to set the grey stone in motion he gave them no rest nor peace. Grottasongr is what can be called a true scandinavian fairy tale in essence a poem put to song by two young slave girls slavery is one of the most overlooked aspects of old norse culture and it was common for girls and boys to be bought to serve in the houses of the fledgling nobility
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.